The Department of Revenue’s offices and customer service call centers are currently closed as the commonwealth takes steps to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania. As a result, the Department of Revenue is extending all business tax licenses and certifications that are set to expire until further communication is received from the department.
This extension applies to:
· Sales, Use and Hotel Occupancy tax licenses
· Public Transportation Assistance (PTA) Fund taxes and fees
· Small Games of Chance Manufacturer Certificates
· Sales Tax Exemption Certificates
· If you need documentation of the sales tax exemption extension, please use the department’s Online Customer Service Center to submit a question. If your religious organization’s sales tax exemption certificate is due to expire on March 31, 2020, the Department of Revenue is issuing an extension letter. If documentation is needed, religious organizations are encouraged to contact their parent institutions to obtain the extension letter.
The Online Customer Service Center, available at https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/, can be used to electronically submit a question to a department representative. The department representative will be able to respond through a secure, electronic process that is similar to receiving an email. Additionally, the Online Customer Service Center includes thousands of answers to common tax-related questions.
For more alerts from the Department of Revenue during the COVID-19 pandemic, check out the department’s COVID-19 information page.